Fix issues Opening Norton
This issue can happen after you update Norton or windows 10. To fix the issue, Restart the computer.
If this problem persist with Norton for Mac, read Fix problems opening Norton for Mac.
Restart the computer
- Exit all the programs on your computer.
- Restart the computer. If the problem persists, go to Step 2.
Download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
If you have Norton Family installed, uninstall it before you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location “Download“.
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the + key.
- Double-click the icon.
- Read the license agreement, & click .
- Click . You may see the button if your Norton product is from your service provider.
- Click or .
- Click Norton. . After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall